Treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic
Our office is well-suited to prevent our patients from being exposed to COVID-19. When the novel coronavirus began impacting the lives of millions of Americans, Brushwell Dental was already offering comprehensive care to only one patient in the office at a time. Coupled with partitioned spaces with hospital-grade, air filtration systems, along with our routine use of personal protective equipment (PPE), we had no trouble exceed the CDC’s and CDA’s guidelines for reducing patient and staff risk from SARS-CoV-2. We were prepared because we plan ahead.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
- All team members are fully vaccinated.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with medical HEPA 13 and 14 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced air disinfection with enclosed UV light devices in each treatment room.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with non-toxic natural fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like gowns and N95 masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously after each patient visit.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
We also ask any patients who have the following to please seek appropriate care and to reschedule their visit until further notice:
- sore throat
- muscle aches
- dry cough
- gastrointestinal problems
- loss of smell and taste
Thank you for your understanding and assisting in this unprecedented public health crisis.
If you need help and want to be treated with safety in mind, contact us today so we can serve you. We wish you continued good health.